Monday, July 6, 2009

Letter Hunt


A few days ago, Stevie and I played a game called "letter hunt" in the playroom. His job was to find objects in the room that start with the /b/ sound. I picked the letter b because it's a letter with only one sound. I forgot how many kids confuse the /b/ with /p/ because they sound so similar. Oh well, it was still a blast and Stevie seemed to really enjoy it. I had to pick out some objects (too many toys in the room to choose from), say the name of it, and Stevie would tell me if we could put in on the /b/ blanket. Here's a pick. He was quite proud of himself when it was over. I think I got the idea for this game from the book, 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play (S. Ellison). Either that book, or a mommy blog. The 365 book is awesome. Especially if your idea well is a little dry like mine. It really helps to see what other parents do with their kids. The book also groups activities by age . . . a plus in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment