Friday, July 24, 2009

Book reviews and lists

I had a couple of hours to blow the other day (this is rare) and I decided I would check out some library books that were not for my 2 year old. I found a bunch of books on books. Specifically, book lists of must have kids books, grown-up books, etc. I found a 3 ring binder that read, The Early Bird Project Handbook. The handbook is part of the materials for this project that sounds really cool, but I'm not sure if the project still exists. Printed in 2002, it contains information on how to read to preschoolers, babies, and toddlers. What I found most useful was the lists, by category or theme, of books and a brief description of each one. Perfecto. Exactly what I need, and I assume what other moms of tots would like to see. The link to the website no longer exists, but the name of the author is Carolyn (Tunie) Munson-Benson. I plan on writing more about this author when I find out more. In the meantime, here are some early learning books with some book lists, reviews, etc.

*Choosing books for children : a commonsense guide / Betsy Hearne ; with Deborah Stevenson

*They're Never Too Young for Books: A Guide to Children's Books for Ages 1 to 8 / McGovern, Edyth M., and Helen D. Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment