Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mommy is passionate about what?


I think one of the most important things we can do with our kids is share our passion with them. It's good for them to know that mommy and daddy have things that they like to do too. Whether it's fishing, cooking, reading, acting, bowling, singing, it's good to share these hobbies with the kids. If you're passionate about your "death metal," you may want to wait to share that one until your tot is a little older. I'm passionate about all things outdoors. More specifically, gardening and butterflies. Stevie and I regularly pick/plant seeds, play with bugs, and hunt for caterpillars. Lucky for me, he's picked up on my interests and made them his own. There is something special about a 2 year old smiling with sheer delight when a Monarch flies above his head. Just beautiful. Here's a picture of our latest caterpillar friend, a Queen butterfly (caterpillar).

No comments:

Post a Comment