Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Calendar and Separation Anxiety


While my husband and I were away on a "no kid" vacation, we left Stevie with his own calendar. This trip was our longest time away from the boy, so we were quite concerned about how he would react. We talked about the calendar before we left and told our son to "x" out the days until we come back. Because his 2 year old mind doesn't comprehend "4 days," we told him "4 moons" and he actually got it. My mom (Memaw) told me he was excited about marking the "x's" each day and that he seemed to get it. After returning, our son told us not to go away for "4 moons" anymore without him. I don't think I could handle anything more than 3 moons for a while. Mommy and Daddy time is great, but family vacations are super too.




No comments:

Post a Comment