Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's this blog thing anyway?











I'm starting this whole blog thingy for several reasons. One, I'm not into Facebook. Two, the grandparents seem to like pictures of the kid. Three, I keep reading all these mommy blogs chronicling fun toddler games and activities and I want to share. That's really my main reason. I'll be posting a lot of theme activity ideas, story time ideas, and photos. One of my goals as a mom and an educator has always been to make learning fun. By the time he sets his little foot into his first classroom, reading and writing will be already be a big part of his life. Reading will be a comforting piece of his home life, stuck in the middle of his new life at school. He's only 2 now, so I have some time before Kindergarten to create "love to learn" opportunities. I'll be documenting some of them and some random stuff too. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Blogging is a great way to get yourself out there on the internet. It's so much and you can do so many so many great things with it! It's exciting to figure it all out and explore it all. I am taking a beginning blogging class right now in my Upward Bound program and I'm having a blast. I really hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You can read mine and I can read yours.
    Stevie is growing up so fast! I can't believe he's 2 already.

    ReplyDelete